Blizzard has released yet another Diablo 4 patch update that seeks to address various issues and kill some underlying bugs left behind by last weeks controversial Season of the Malignant update that frustratingly nerfed classes leaving players slightly disgruntled.
Patch 1.1.0c comes ahead of the promised Campfire Chat developer livestream announced for this Friday, which should gives us a clear indication of what to expect with the next major update (patch 1.1.1) going forward. For now, character balancing remains unchanged while stability, bug fixes and further optimisations are on top of the priority list for this week’s patch.
Of note, an issue where players accidentally activated their Premium Battle Pass was fixed, with Blizzard adding a confirmation window once the initial activation button has been selected, preventing players from making unintended purchases. In terms of gameplay, there are several fixes for Malignant Power bugs, the main culprit being a combination of Dark Dance and Punishing Speed that created an issue causing players to inadvertently stun themselves instead of enemies. Hilarious hijinks resolved.
There are also a few quality-of-life improvements including the removal of level requirements for Season 1’s World Tiers 3 and 4, making it a bit easier for players who recently finished the original World Tiers to complete, plus Malignant Hearts now grants armour that directly maps with player item power. Nice.
Finally, there are further stability improvements across all platforms, which should help reduce players encountering annoying crashes. That’s about it, full patch notes down below for your convenience. Happy gaming.
Patch 1.1.0c build 43487 breakdown (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue where several Focus off-hand items could only have an aspect imprinted on them once.
- Fixed an issue where combining the Dark Dance and Punishing Speed Malignant Powers could cause the player to stun themselves.
- Fixed an issue where the Grim Reward Season Journey objective could be repeated by dropping and picking up the same stash.
- Fixed an issue where the Werebear and Werewolf fur color was too bright in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where movement on specific controllers was often not functioning correctly.
- Updated the activation of the Premium Battle Pass with a confirmation pop-up.
- The default focus (the button the controller will first highlight) on the Battle Pass screen is now the Season Journey button.
- Fixed multiple instances where players were encountering crashes.
- Further stability improvements.
- Fixed an interaction with the Agitated Winds Malignant Heart power which led to automatic Cyclone Armor casts to ignore its own cooldown.
- Acquiring or re-allocating Seasonal Blessings will now clear the vendor buyback inventory.