Intel has released its latest Arc Graphics drivers with version 188.8.131.5211, introducing performance uplifts across the board in a bevy of popular titles while adding Game On driver support for the hottest games out right now. Let’s dig in.
Looking to take on the weekend in stride, this 602MB chunk of data is currently in beta and optimised for Arc Alchemist graphics cards plus Iris Xe GPUs. Boundary, Dead Island 2, Minecraft Legends, and Total War: Warhammer III – Mirror of Madness update are among the list of latest games to receive Game On driver support which should provide a smooth, stutter-free experience and help prevent running into any adverse problems.
More importantly, popular DX12 titles most likely already in your rotation have received a major uptick in performance. Starting with the Dead Space Remake receiving an up to 63 per cent performance uplift at 1440p with high settings when using an Arc A750. Another Arc A750 double-digit uptick is found in F1 2022, with up to 17 per cent increase at 1080p with ultra-high raytracing settings. The rest all receive anywhere between four and eight per cent free performance increases. Titles include Dying Light 2, Dirt 5, and Deathloop.
As such, the full list of improvements, including fixed issues, reads as follows:
Intel Game On Driver support on Intel Arc A-series Graphics for:
- Minecraft Legends
- Total War: Warhammer III – Mirror of Madness
- Dead Island 2
Game performance improvements versus Intel 184.108.40.20657 software driver for:
- Dead Space Remake (DX12)
- Up to 55% uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings on Arc A750
- Up to 63% uplift at 1440p with High settings on Arc A750
- F1 22 (DX12)
- Up to 6% uplift at 1440p with High settings on Arc A770
- Up to 7% uplift at 1440p with High settings on Arc A750
- Up to 17% uplift at 1080p with Ultra High Ray Tracing settings on Arc A750
- Dying Light 2 Stay Human (DX12)
- Up to 6% uplift at 1080p with High Ray Tracing settings preset on Arc A770
- Up to 7% uplift at 1440p with High Ray Tracing settings preset on Arc A770
- Dirt 5 (DX12)
- Up to 8% uplift at 1080p with Ultra High Ray Tracing settings on Arc A750
- Up to 4% uplift at 1440p with Ultra High Ray Tracing settings on Arc A750
- Deathloop (DX12)
- Up to 4% uplift at 1080p with Very High and Ray Tracing Performance settings on Arc A750
- Up to 6% uplift at 1440p with Very High and Ray Tracing Performance settings on Arc A750
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (DX11) may experience application crash during gameplay.
- Sea of Thieves (DX11) may exhibit color corruption on water edges.
- Bright Memory Infinite Ray Tracing Benchmark (DX12) may experience lower than expected performance.
- Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve may exhibit color corruption with Optical Flow.
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- System may hang while waking up from sleep. May need to power cycle the system for recovery.
- GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encode with some versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Topaz Video AI may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement.
- Intel Iris Xe MAX Graphics Products:
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on certain notebook systems with both Intel Iris Xe + Iris Xe MAX devices. A system reboot and re-installation of the graphics driver may be required for successful installation.
Intel Core Processor Products:
- Total War: Warhammer III (DX11) may experience an application crash when loading battle scenarios.
- Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 (DX12) may exhibit corruption on certain light sources such as fire.
- Conqueror’s Blade (DX12) may experience an application crash during game launch.
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (DX12) may experience application instability during gameplay.
- Battlefield: 2042 (DX12) may exhibit color corruption at the game menu.
- Crime boss (DX12) may experience texture flickering when XESS is enabled.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 may experience color corruption in QuickPlay Lobby
Intel Arc GPU Graphics driver version 220.127.116.1111 can be downloaded here.