Intel has a new Arc GPU graphics driver in beta, which adds support for the upcoming Arc A580 GPU, optimises performance for all current cards, and introduces fixes for various popular and upcoming video games.
You should expect performance and stability improvements to Starfield, F1 2023, Forza Motorsport, Lords of the Fallen, Total War: Pharaoh, and the CoD: Modern Warfare 3 beta that’s set to kick off this weekend.
According to the footnotes, when using an Arc A770 graphics card, the driver offers up to a 117 per cent performance uplift for Starfield at 1080p on ultra settings and up to a 149 per cent improvement at 1440p with high settings. Meanwhile, car aficionados can enjoy around an eight per cent improvement at 1080p with settings cranked to ultra in Forza Motorsport, and F1 23 now yields approximately a 12 per cent performance gain at 1440p and up to 136 per cent increase at 4K with ultra high settings. Not too shabby.
Do keep in mind that Starfield and F1 23 faced some technical issues in the past that made the games a challenge to run on the Arc platform, hence the significant triple-digit bump in performance. Nonetheless, it is good that Intel remains on top of things.
What’s more, Intel also highlighted some known issues, such as corruption in Total War: Pharaoh and Starfield when changing resolution or using dynamic resolution scaling. Also, those playing through the Halo: Infinite campaign may experience errors and application crashes during gameplay.
As usual, Intel Arc GPU graphics driver 101.4887 beta is available to download here. For anyone who is interested, you can check out the full release notes down below. Happy gaming.
- Support for Intel Arc A580 Graphics
Intel Game On Driver support on Intel Arc A-series Graphics for:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III Beta
- Total War: PHARAOH
- Lords of the Fallen
Game performance improvements versus Intel 188.8.131.5285 software driver for:
- Starfield (DX12)
- Up to 117% uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings
- Up to 149% uplift at 1440p with High settings
- Forza Motorsport (DX12)
- Up to 8% uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings
Game performance improvements versus Intel 184.108.40.20626 software driver for:
- F1 23 (DX12)
- Up to 12% uplift at 1440p with Ultra High settings
- Up to 136% uplift at 2160p with Ultra High settings
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- Minecraft (DX12) may exhibit colour corruptions in night scenes when the ray tracing setting is on
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- Total War: PHARAOH (DX11) may exhibit corruption after changing the resolution in-game on certain displays.
- Starfield (DX12) may exhibit corruption when using Dynamic Resolution Scaling. A workaround is to change
- the Render Resolution Scale slider value.
- Starfield (DX12) may exhibit texture corruptions on certain objects and light sources during gameplay.
- Halo Infinite (DX12) campaign may experience an application crash on some system configurations.
- Dead by Daylight (DX11) may experience an application crash during gameplay.
- Topaz Video AI may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement.
Intel Iris Xe MAX Graphics Products:
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on certain notebook systems with both Intel Iris Xe + Iris Xe MAX devices. A system reboot and re-installation of the graphics driver may be required for successful installation.
Intel Arc Control Known Issues
- Using Arc Control Studio capture with certain games may incorrectly generate multiple video files.
- The “Connector” type in the Display page may incorrectly show DP when using an HDMI display connection.
- May observe “stream has already ended” pop-up after the power events with Capture/Highlights/Broadcast toggle on.
- Arc Control may not retain overall application settings in Overlay mode after a system reboot. A workaround is to use the Desktop mode of Arc Control
Intel Arc Control Performance Tuning (BETA):
- Intel Arc Control Performance Tuning is currently in Beta. As such, performance and features may behave unexpectedly. Intel will continue to refine the Performance Tuning software in future releases.