Intel has, at last, delivered its first Starfield-optimised drivers, version 188.8.131.5272 Beta, to be exact, fixing a bunch of game-specific problems.
With Nvidia and AMD delivering supported and even optimised drivers for Starfield, Arc GPU owners were left hanging for a compatible update. We are not talking about a game running slowly or with some minor glitches; Starfield was literally unplayable, with textures not even loading, and that is if the game manages to start at all.
We are glad to see Intel finally reacting, even though a bit sooner would have been welcome. At least most players – those who didn’t purchase the Premium edition to get early access – will get to enjoy the game somewhat, while waiting for all related bugs to be ironed out.
Intel has managed to fix three issues so far, one regarding loading which has been significantly reduced, and for crashes when launching the game – hard to play a game if it doesn’t show up to begin with – and lastly, some texture corruptions rendering the game simply unplayable, pictured below.
Those who don’t care about Starfield are out of luck this time around, as Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection texture corruption, plus Halo Infinite and Dead by Daylight crashes are yet to be fixed.
Arc drivers 184.108.40.20672 Beta can be downloaded from Intel’s website here.
The full list of changes goes as follows:
Intel Game On Driver support on Intel Arc A-series Graphics for:
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- Starfield (DX12) Game load duration is significantly reduced.
- Starfield (DX12) may experience instability and application crash while launching and during gameplay.
- Starfield (DX12) may exhibit texture corruptions and scene flickers during gameplay.
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- Starfield (DX12) may experience application instability in some areas of the game.
- Starfield (DX12) may exhibit corruption when using Dynamic Resolution Scaling. A workaround is to change the Render Resolution Scale slider value.
- Starfield (DX12) may exhibit texture flickering on light sources during gameplay.
- Starfield (DX12) may exhibit low texture details on certain objects in the game.
- UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection (DX12) may exhibit texture corruption on characters.
- Halo Infinite (DX12) campaign may experience an application crash on some system configurations.
- Dead by Daylight (DX11) may experience an application crash during gameplay.
- Topaz Video AI may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement.
- Adobe After Effects may experience an application crash during render operations.
- Device fan may ramp up frequently on certain Intel Arc Graphics products.
Intel Iris Xe Max Graphics Products:
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on certain notebook systems with both Intel Iris Xe + Iris Xe MAX devices. A system reboot and re-installation of the graphics driver may be required for successful installation.
Intel Arc Control Known Issues:
- Using Arc Control Studio capture with certain games may incorrectly generate multiple video files.
- The “Connector” type in the Display page may incorrectly show DP when using an HDMI display connection.
- May observe “stream has already ended” pop-up after the power events with Capture/Highlights/Broadcast toggle on.
- Performance Graphs may scale incorrectly after waking up from sleep.