Nvidia launches GeForce Game Ready Drivers 528.49 for desktops and laptops featuring a handful of game optimisations, support for latest mobile RTX GPUs, alongside some bug fixes.
This new driver should provide the best gaming experience for the most recent games supporting DLSS technology, such as Hello Neighbor 2 or PERISH, in addition to Company of Heroes 3 and the latest update for World of Warcraft that introduces Nvidia’s Reflex. These drivers also support the new RTX 40 Ada Lovelace mobile GPUs on gaming laptops.
As for bug fixing, the update irons out some Adobe Bridge stability problems, Hitman 3 Resizable Bar on Intel platforms, and the Discord bug that was affecting VRAM frequency.
Even though Nvidia didn’t mention any support for Hogwarts Legacy, users have spotted a game profile baked into the driver. However, activating it doesn’t seem to affect performance in any positive manner. On the contrary, some players report game crashes after enabling it. Maybe there is a reason, after all, why Nvidia didn’t turn it on by default. For now, Intel’s Arc GPU driver is ahead of its competition regarding support for this specific title.
The full list of changes can be found below:
- Hello Neighbor 2
- Company of Heroes 3
- World of Warcraft Nvidia Reflex
- Introduces support for GeForce RTX 40 Series notebooks.
- Adobe Bridge stability issues with 528.02 
- Disable Hitman 3 Resizable Bar profile on Intel platforms 
- Discord update causes GPU memory clocks to drop to P2 state 
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. 
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. 
- [Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering 
- [Steam version] Forza Horizon 4 may freeze after 15-30 minutes of gameplay 
- [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky 
- Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon 
- Adobe After Effects / Media Encoder – issues with ProRes RAW files  
- Adobe Premiere Pro application instability