AMD has Software Adrenalin 23.8.2 ready for lift off, bringing double-digit uplifts to Starfield and a fix for Baldur’s Gate 3.
Version 23.8.2 brings support for Bethesda’s much-awaited Starfield with optimisations improving performance by up to 16 per cent at 4k resolution using Radeon RX 7900 XTX and RX 7900 XT GPUs in comparison to Software Adrenalin 23.8.1. Not bad, we gladly take this.
In terms of bug fixes, we don’t have much, but a solution to crashes in Baldur’s Gate 3 when using DirectX 11 on RX 7000 GPUs is most welcome.
Now, for those yet to be ironed out, the audio sync issues are especially annoying for content creators who rely on the integrated AV1 encoder to record gameplay. The brightness problem on some Samsung displays is also noteworthy, however, the missing FPS metric in the driver’s overlay is pretty much irrelevant since many games and apps can cover that part.
AMD also took this opportunity to reiterate that purchasing select Radeon RX 7000 or Radeon RX 6000 graphics cards and select Ryzen 7000 processors including gaming systems – the full list of which can be found below – from now through September 30, will get a copy of Starfield.
Software Adrenalin 23.8.2 drivers can be downloaded from AMD’s website here. Now, if you would excuse me, I have a driver to update.
The full list of changes is as follows:
- Support for
- Up to 16% increase in performance for Starfield @ 4k, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.8.2 on the Radeon RX 7900XTX GPU, versus the previous software driver version 23.8.1
- Up to 16% increase in performance for Starfield @ 4k, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.8.2 on the Radeon RX 7900XT GPU, versus the previous software driver version 23.8.1
- Application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Baldur’s Gate 3 with DirectX 11 API set on certain systems with Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may report N/A for FPS on various games.
- Audio may intermittently become out of sync with video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition with AV1 codec.
- Display may not reach correct brightness with certain games on select SAMSUNG FreeSync Premium Pro monitors or TVs with local dimming setting enabled.
- AMD is working with the game developers of Starfield to resolve an intermittent driver timeout or visual corruption issue when Dynamic Resolution is set to 75-78% with certain ultra wide monitors. Users experiencing this issue should adjust the Dynamic Resolution option as a temporary workaround.
- Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as a precautionary measure while we address isolated installation issues that have been reported during PC upgrades. Users may use AMD Cleanup Utility as a temporary option.