Sony’s revamped three-tier gaming subscription service will officially launch early next week in Asia Markets and we finally have some insight on what games to expect. A recent blog post revealed a list of new and classic games available from both first- and third-party studios.
A quick recap, the service will be split into three-tiers at different price points that will provide users with varying degrees of benefits and access based on what they choose. These include Essential, Extra, and Premium tiers, priced at £6.99/$9.99, £10.99/$14.99, or £13.49/$17.99 per month, respectively.
Essential will offer the same benefits as the existing PlayStation Plus membership, while Extra and Premium will provide access to a catalogue of PS4/PS5 titles akin to the all-you-can-eat buffet that is Xbox Game Pass. The latter will provide an additional PS3 streaming service and access to a list of classic games from the PlayStation 1 and 2 eras.
Onto the games, expect some first-party titles to appear on the service day one of release. Notable titles include Ghosts of Tsushima, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Marvel’s Spider-Man and Miles Morales, God of War and Returnal.
Third-party titles are nothing to scoff at either; Control: Ultimate Edition, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, NBA 2K22 and Red Dead Redemption 2 will be making its way onto the platform. And much like EA Play on Game Pass, Ubisoft+ will introduce 27 titles at launch from the companies catalogue such as Assassins Creed: Valhalla, For Honor and The Crew 2. Ubisoft+ will be available for PlayStation Extra and Premium tiers only.
Unfortunately, Sony has decided that newer releases will only be available as time-limited game trials. Horizon: Forbidden West and Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves are among the first-party titles listed. Third-party game trials include Cyberpunk 2077 and WWE 2K22, but Gran Turismo 7 and its predecessors are sorely missing in the list of titles provided.
Per the norm, PlayStation Plus free games will be available on the first Tuesday of each month for all tiers, while a mid-month update will bring new games to the catalogues of both Plus, Extra, and Premium tiers.
Sony’s new subscription tiers will take effect in Asia on May 24, followed by Japan on June 2, North and South America on June 13, and finally Europe, Australia, and New Zealand on June 23.
The full list of first- and third-party games at launch is as follows:
- Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
- Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
- Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
- Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
- Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
- Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games, PS5
- Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
- Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
- Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
- God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla, PS4
- Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
- LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
- LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
- Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
- MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
- Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
- Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
- Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio, PS4
- Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
- The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
- The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
- The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
- Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4
Third Party Studios
- Ashen | Annapurna Interactive,PS4
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla* | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
- Batman: Arkham Knight | WB Games, PS4
- Celeste | Maddy Makes Games, PS4
- Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive, PS4
- Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS4/PS5
- Dead Cells| Motion Twin, PS4
- Far Cry 3 Remaster* | Ubisoft, PS4
- Far Cry 4* | Ubisoft, PS4
- Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition | Square Enix Co. LTD, PS4
- For Honor* | Ubisoft, PS4
- Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
- Mortal Kombat 11 | WB Games, PS4/PS5
- Narutoshippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- NBA 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
- Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4
- Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
- Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- South Park: The Fractured but Whole* | Ubisoft, PS4
- The Artful Escape | Annapurna Interactive, PS4/PS5
- The Crew 2* | Ubisoft, PS4
- Tom Clancy’s The Division* | Ubisoft, PS4
*PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium members only.