The first post-launch update for Starfield has finally arrived bringing with it quality-of-life improvements while squashing some bugs and addressing stability issues on both Xbox Series S/X consoles and PC.
If you were hoping for some form of DLSS or XeSS support, then you’ll be sorely disappointed, though thankfully Bethesda is planning to add these temporal upscaling solutions soon. Think of this minor update as a hotfix that addresses a few lingering issues.
There are performance and stability improvements for Xbox Series X/S consoles that hopefully address random crashes console players have been experiencing these past few days. There’s also three quest-related bug fixes that previously prevented quest completion in “All that Can Buy” and “Shadows in Neon,” plus a fix that prevented quest “Into the Unknown” from appearing.
Nonetheless, Bethesda says it will also prioritise “top community requested features” in the future, including the following:
- Brightness and Contrast controls
- HDR Calibration Menu
- FOV Slider
- Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)
- 32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)
- Eat button for food!
While you at it, Todd, my dear, I would really like an in-game benchmarking tool to gauge whether my tweaks warrant any performance benefits, and you know, our editors would like to add the game to our illustrious benchmark suite, thank you!
Additionally, the Bethesda team is also working on built-in mod support that’ll work across all platforms, similar to Creation Mods support in Skyrim and Fallout 4. Full support is planned to launch early next year.
As always, for your convenience, the full patch notes are down below. Happy gaming.
Update version 1.7.29 – Fixes and Improvements
Performance and Stability
- Xbox Series X|S Improved stability related to installations.
- Various stability and performance improvements to reduce crashes and improve framerate.
- All That Money Can Buy: Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.
- Into the Unknown: Fixed an issue that could prevent the quest from appearing after the game is completed.
- Shadows in Neon: Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.