Microsoft has announced its January Xbox Game Pass lineup featuring three well-known Japanese games with long longevity surpassing 100 hours.
Xbox Game Pass is starting the year slowly after an impressive closing month, only offering:
- Persona 3 Portable (Cloud, Console, and PC) on January 19
- Persona 4 Golden (Cloud, Console, and PC) on January 19
- Monster Hunter Rise (Cloud, Console, and PC) on January 20
But don’t let their small number deceive you; these are RPGs, meaning hours and hours of play – if you are into these kinds of games. For a 100 per cent completion, count about 160 hours for Monster Hunter Rise, and 80+ hours for each of the Persona titles.
As usual, some games are leaving the platform on January 15, namely:
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Nobody Saves The World (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Pupperazzi (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- The Anacrusis (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- We Happy Few (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Windjammers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
It feels strange to see We Happy Few leave Game Pass since its developer, Compulsion Games, is owned by Xbox Game Studios – probably has to do with Gearbox Software owning the rights. Unfortunately for those who like to collect achievements and somehow missed this one, there is no time left to get them all, as it requires about 60+ hours to complete.
For those thinking of getting the game for later use, the Digital Deluxe edition is currently available alongside the other titles at a 20 per cent discount, or, in other words, at £55.99 for Xbox Game Pass members.