Just two weeks after its latest addition, Microsoft is once again expanding the Xbox Game Pass game list for this month with eight titles available on PC, Xbox and cloud.
While they may not be as exciting as Watch Dogs 2, Assassin’s Creed Origins, or Far Cry 5, the next list features some well-known names like Immortals Fenyx Rising and Commandos 3.
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Coming straight from Ubisoft catalogues, Immortals Fenyx Rising is an action-adventure game influenced by The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, played from a third-person perspective.
Entirely accessible from the get-go, its open world consists of seven distinct regions inspired by Greek gods, filled with various enemies from Greek mythology, such as Minotaurs and Cyclopes.
In this game you play as Fenyx, a winged demigod, whose task is to save the Greek gods. Through your journey you will collect many resources used to unlock upgrades and improve weapons. While its simpler gameplay mechanics may feel nice for some, Assassin’s Creed fans could find them a bit lacking.
Commandos 3 – HD Remaster
A remaster of Commandos 3: Destination Berlin, in which you take control of a special forces (commandos) unit during World War II to carry out operations behind enemy lines on various fronts (Stalingrad, Normandy or Berlin).
Set to release on August 30, this makeover of the 20-year-old game brings reworked textures, new 3D models, high-definition graphics, as well as a brand-new user interface. You will have the opportunity to sabotage enemy defences, recover stolen artwork, or eliminate important targets, before leaving the area unnoticed.
Not enough? Then, here is the full list of titles coming soon:
- Coffee Talk (Cloud, Console and PC) – Available now
- Midnight Fight Express (Cloud, Console and PC) – August 23
- Exapunks (PC) – August 25
- Opus: Exho of Starsong – Full Bloom Edition (Console and PC) – August 25
- Commandos 3 HD Remaster (Cloud, Console and PC) – August 30
- Immortality (Cloud, PC, Xbox Series X|S) – August 30
- Immortals Fenyx Rising (Cloud, Console and PC) – August 30
- Tinykin (Console and PC) – August 30
As usual, some games are leaving the Game Pass, on August 31:
- Elite Dangerous (Cloud and Console)
- Hades (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Myst (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- NBA 2K22 (Cloud and Console)
- Signs of the Sojourner (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Spiritfarer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Twelve Minutes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Two Point Hospital (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- What Remains of Edith Finch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- World War Z (Cloud, Console, and PC)
You can save up to 20 per cent if you purchase these games before August 31.
For cloud gamers, 16 games now have Xbox touch controls:
- Paw Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls
- Coffee Talk
- Dragon Age 2
- Star Wars: Squadrons
- Dragon Age Origins
- Super Mega Baseball 3
- Floppy Knights
- TMNT Shredder’s Revenge
- Turbo Golf Racing
- MLB The Show 22
- Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
- My Friend Peppa Pig
- Two Point Campus
Two DLCs have been added:
- Naraka: Bladepoint – Showdown – Available now
- Sea of Thieves: A Hunter’s Cry – August 18
You can also unlock the following Xbox Game Pass Ultimate perks:
- Halo Infinite: Pass Tense Commando Rifle Bundle – August 17
- MultiVersus: MVP Pack – August 23
- CrossfireX: Top Secret Bundle – August 23
And that’s all she wrote. Now it’s time to go download some games.