Following the first batch of September games published two weeks’ ago, Xbox Game Pass is bulking out with 10 more games featuring well-known names such as Deathloop and Valheim.
Developed by Arkane studio, makers of Prey and Dishonored series, the story takes place on the Blackreef island, which opposes two assassins, Colt and Julianna. The first wishes to break the endless cycle he is locked in, while the second flourishes in this loop and wants to stay forever.
A sophisticated installation protected by an army of soldiers forces them to relive the same day in an endless loop. But that’s without Colt who decides to put an end to this cycle. Starting with nothing but clothes on, Colt quickly becomes a war machine jumping from roof to roof, able to teleport and send his opponents into the air.
The sixties- and seventies-inspired art direction is very pleasant, providing a similar vibe to Dishonored and BioShock but in a different universe.
Developed by a five-person Swedish team, Valheim has quickly conquered the hearts of many players thanks to its Norse mythology. Taking place in a world where slain Vikings go to prove themselves fit for the halls of Valhalla, you play as a Viking (with a personalised appearance) starting with nothing before discovering that to reach the Norse afterlife, one must defeat the evils that plagues Valheim.
Being a sandbox, you will be able to craft tools, build shelters and fight enemies in order to survive. A few runes placed here and there regularly give you a bit of insight explaining a little about the past of this world. Each world created is procedurally generated, yet will always offer the same biomes (distributed differently), each of them enjoying its own atmosphere and dangers.
The list of upcoming titles includes:
- Deathloop (Cloud, PC and Xbox Series X|S) – Available now
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker (Cloud and Xbox Series X|S) – Available now
- SpiderHeck (Console and PC) – September 22
- Beacon Pines (Cloud, Console and PC) – September 22
- Slime Rancher 2 (Cloud, PC and Xbox Series X|S) – September 22
- Moonscars (Cloud, Console and PC) – September 27
- Grounded (Cloud, Console and PC) – September 27
- Let’s Build A Zoo (Cloud, Console and PC) – September 29
- Valheim (PC) – September 29
- PAW Patrol Grand Prix (Cloud, Console and PC) – September 30
DLCs have been added for:
- Jurassic World Evolution 2: Late Cretaceous Pack – Available now
- Sea of Thieves: The Sirens’ Prize – Available until September 29
- Sniper Elite 5: Concealed Target Weapon & Skin Pack – Available now
- FIFA 23 – 10 hours try plus 10 per cent discount with EA Play – Available September 27
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member will be offered the following perks:
- Deathloop: Hunting Pack – September 21
- Super Animal Royale: Season 5 Perks Pack – September 27
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey: Kronos Pack – October 6
Those playing via the Cloud, will be pleased to see more touch-control-ready games like:
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition
- Grounded – Full Release (September 27)
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered
- Road 96
- Shadowrun Returns
- Shadowrun: Dragonfall
- Shadowrun: Hong Kong
- This War of Mine
- Torment: Tides of Numenera
Unfortunately, as always, some games are leaving the service on September 30, namely:
- AI: The Somnium Files (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Astria Ascending (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Dandy Ace (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Dirt 4 (PC) (EA Play)
- Dirt Rally (PC) (EA Play)
- Going Under (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Lemnis Gate (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Slime Rancher (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Subnautica: Below Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- The Procession to Calvary (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Unsighted (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Visage (Cloud, Console, and PC)