AMD has released Radeon Adrenalin Edition 23.3.1 drivers, ironing out a handful of bugs such as crashes and timeouts alongside the usual new games support.
Version 23.3.1 adds support for the recently released Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty which joined Xbox Game Pass a week ago, and the Halo Infinite Ray Tracing update. This driver also brings some much-needed fixes to driver timeouts in Halo Infinite when ray tracing is enabled, system freeze or BSOD using select displays on Radeon RX 7000 Series GPUs, graphics corruption in Dying Light 2 plus Returnal, and crashes while opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS FIFA 23. As far as gamer’s wallets are concerned, the latter was more of a feature than a bug, if you catch my drift.
As for the known issues, a couple of them are still persistent from older bug lists – like the corruption when switching between video and game windows and Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves’ stuttering that has now transformed into crashes. Not to forget the high idle power which has become a meme.
Note that the factory reset option has been temporarily disabled as a precautionary measure while AMD addresses some installation issues. As an alternative, there is always the handy DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).
The Adrenalin Edition 23.3.1 driver is available on AMD’s website here.
The full list of changes can be found below:
- Support for:
- Halo Infinite Ray Tracing Update
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
- Metrics overlay may intermittently re-size to 50% after gameplay.
- Application crash may be observed while opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS FIFA 23.
- Intermittent driver timeout may be observed in Halo Infinite in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled.
- Corruption may be observed in Dying Light 2 around certain light sources.
- Corruption may be observed in Returnal in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Intermittent driver timeout, system freeze or BSOD may be observed using select displays on Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs.
- High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- Connection failure or black screen may be observed using Parsec client with AMD decoder setting.
- Application crash may be observed while playing UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- The Performance Metrics Overlay may intermittently resize across the display on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6600M. As a temporary solution, users encountering this are recommended to disable the Performance Metrics Overlay.
- The Performance Metrics Overlay may have some missing units when enabled, or situationally become truncated after changing display scaling settings.