Monitor specialist AOC has entered into the large-format gaming display fray with the cryptically named G4309VX/D. In brief, this is a 43in 4K monitor with fast response and refresh rate times, supporting VRR up to 144Hz. It should deliver punchy vivid colours thanks to a wide gamut and VESA DisplayHDR1000 certification. The AOC G4309VX/D is only listed in China right now, but it (or something very similar) is likely to be released in Europe and the Americas.
The AOC G4309VX/D was spotted and highlighted by TFT Central and it just threaded the specs into the flow of the story. For your convenience, we have distilled the specs into a nice bullet point list, instead:
- Panel size: 43in
- Panel type: Quantum Dot VA with 178/178 viewing angles and 3840 x 2160 pixels
- Response time: 1ms MPRT
- Refresh rate: up to 144Hz with VRR support ready for both AMD and Nvidia
- Contrast ratio: 4,000:1
- Brightness (SDR): 720 nits
- HDR mode: VESA DisplayHDR 1000 (peak brightness of 1,100 nits)
- Colour gamut: 8-bit+FRC panel is good for 100 per cent sRGB and 95 per cent DCI-P3
- Other known features: Motion Blur Reduction, edge-lit local dimming, PiP and PbP modes
- Audio: 2x 7W integrated speakers, headphone jack
- Ports: 2x DisplayPort 1.4 (with DSC) and 2x HDMI 2.1, USB hub with 4x USB 3.2 ports
- Stand: Only a basic tilt-stand is provided, but you can use any 200×100 VESA mount
As well as PC gaming, the ports and features gel well with modern console gaming. Unfortunately, we don’t have any word on pricing or availability outside of China at the time of writing.