AMD has released Adrenalin 23.7.2 WHQL drivers that seek to address numerous bugs and issues, all the while adding support for the latest AMD Ryzen 7040U Series ‘Phoenix’ APUs – the mobile chipset of choice for handheld gaming consoles and ultra-thin, yet powerful laptop chassis.
Of note, the new driver resolves an issue that seemed to cause higher-than-expected GPU memory utilisation when using certain record and stream settings in Instant Replay. What’s more, it also fixes a glaring issue that caused display signal loss after switching windows on certain adaptive sync-enabled displays and AMD GPUs, more specifically the AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX.
Moving on, there’s no ‘Game Ready’ equivalent support for the latest PC title releases, but instead this driver offers minor bug fixes for existing games and a couple of fixed issues. Highlights include a fixed stuttering issue for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 when using Radeon Anti-Lag, and a bug fix that addresses intermittent corruption on player models while playing, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+.
We would be remiss not to mention that even though it was stated the troublesome high idle power draw issue was resolved with the previous driver update, it seems a number of AMD Radeon RX 7900 Series owners say it remains. Sadly, AMD has yet to resolve the issue with this new driver update, though it has acknowledged the problem in the list of known issues.
AMD Adrenalin Edition 23.7.2 WHQL driver is available to download here. For your convenience, the release notes can be found down below. Happy gaming.
AMD Adrenalin Edition 23.7.2 Driver Release Notes
- Stuttering may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II with Radeon™ Anti-Lag enabled.
- Intermittent corruption may be observed around some player models while playing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT.
- Higher than expected GPU Memory Utilization when using certain Record and Stream settings such as Instant Replay.
- Display signal may be lost after switching windows on certain Adaptive-Sync enable displays on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
- Audio may intermittently become out of sync with video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition with AVC and HEVC codecs.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may report N/A for FPS on various games.
- High idle power has situationally been observed when using select multi-display setups with mixed high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Intermittent corruption may be observed playing Rocket League™ with Bloom set to Off on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT.
- Intermittent application hang for a few seconds may be observed while playing RuneScape™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT.
- Application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Ratchet & Clank™: Rift Apart with Ray-Tracing and Dynamic Resolution Scaling enabled on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
- Audio may intermittently become out of sync with video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition with AV1 codec.