AMD has published Software Adrenalin 23.11.1 drivers featuring new game support alongside a lot of long-awaited bug fixes.
This update brings support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name, The Invincible, and JX3 Ultimate, alongside improvements to Stable Diffusion, Adobe Lightroom, DaVinci Resolve, and UL Procyon AI workloads on Radeon RX 600M, 700M, 6000, and 7000 series GPUs.
Version 23.11.1 also adds support for Radeon Boost for Alan Wake 2. Handy on such demanding game specs, even though I’d rather lower the graphics settings or wait for optimisation updates, as this feature activates with fast mouse movements, something that is rare in this title.
In addition to new game optimisations, there are a bunch of bug fixes for issues such as crashes in Forza Motorsport, low performance in Counter-Strike 2, flickering in Alan Wake 2 and Total War: Pharaoh, shader cache rebuilds in Baldur’s Gate 3 and Forza Motorsport, plus the Performance Metrics overlay showing N/A fps. I thought the latter would never get fixed.
Although the AV1 audio sync problems are still unresolved, which remains annoying, this sounds like a good time to update my drivers from the two-month-old 23.8.2.
Software Adrenalin 23.11.1 can be downloaded from AMD’s website here.
The full list of changes goes as follows:
New Feature Highlights
- New Game Support
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III
- Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
- The Invincible
- JX3 Ultimate
- New Radeon Boost Support
- Alan Wake 2
- AI and Machine Learning
- DirectML improvements and optimizations for Stable Diffusion, Adobe Lightroom, DaVinci Resolve, UL Procyon AI workloads on AMD Radeon RX 600M, 700M, 6000, and 7000 series graphics.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may report N/A for FPS on various games.
- Lower than expected performance in Counter Strike 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon RX 7600.
- Intermittent flickering may be observed in Total War: Pharaoh’s menus after changing graphics settings.
- Intermittent flicker may be observed on some textures while playing Alan Wake 2.
- Rebuilding shader cache may be incorrectly required when relaunching Baldur’s Gate 3 using Vulkan API.
- Rebuilding shader cache may be incorrectly required when relaunching Forza Motorsport.
- Intermittent driver crash while viewing the credits screen after finishing a race in Forza Motorsport.
- Intermittent black screen or code 31 error in device manager after reboot on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- Audio may intermittently become out of sync with video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition with AV1 codec.
- Intermittent corruption may be observed on the racetrack while playing EA Sports WRC.
- Stars may intermittently fail to appear while playing Crysis Remastered.
- Intermittent micro-stuttering may be experienced when running Chromium-based browsers on systems that pair a Radeon RX 7000 series GPU with a secondary display connected to an AMD Ryzen 7000 series processor.
Lastly, AMD recommends running a driver-cleaning utility before installing this update if you were using preview drivers previously. Just note that the built-in Factory Reset option is still broken, so use AMD’s Cleanup Utility or DDU for this.